Thursday, February 10, 2011

"It begiiins!" Brownlow Talk 2011 Officially Kicks-off!

Well, hello ladies and gents, and welcome once more to Brownlow Talk 2011!

I hope your offseason was plentiful, and you didn't get up to as much mischief as those down at St. Kilda... or performed the 'worm' across the top of any taxis ala. Andrew Hooper in Hong Kong. Just on that, why are people chastising the man? If anything that man deserves more credit for pulling that move off. But I digress!

As some of you may have already noticed, over the off-season i've given the site an overhaul and changed up a few aspects. Consider it Brownlow Talk 2.0. I bet Dustin Martin wishes he came back from the off-season looking in just as good a shape... or that he never went ahead with that crazy neck tattoo. Ba-dum-cheesh!

So what's changed I hear you ask? Well, learned reader, apart from the site looking more 'schlimming' with the black background, I also put my mad Adobe Paint Shop Pro skillz to the test and put together a semi-professional banner. Actually, it was more an excuse to continually take the piss out of Eddie by plastering his vengeful looking face across my blog, as it gives me great joy each time I see how spiteful he was towards the one and only C. Judd winning the 2010 Brownlow. Plus, I think the redness in his face offsets the more darker aspects of the banner and gives it a certain feng shui. Although, it is alarming to notice that his face is only a couple of shades off being as red as the '2011'.

Reminds me a little of this photo that was doing the rounds a few years back:

Derp de derp.
Anyhoo! You'll also notice a major addition to the blog for Season 2011, in the form of a chatroom located just below the banner. I'll be checking in now and again, and most probably stop in every Wed/Thurs for some discussion and Q&A after I post my weekly spiel. I hope to see some of you on there sometime throughout the year!

As the NAB Cup begins this Friday, 11th, i'll begin posting my player previews for some of the top fancied Brownlow favs. And for those that like a speculative pre-season Brownlow bet, i'll be treating you with a rundown as to which of the various betting agencies are offering the best odds on the top 50 players quoted.

Ahhh yes! It's good to have footy back, oh how i've missed your longing embrace!

No comments:

Post a Comment